Today I am continuing my series with Dear Self: You Are Beautiful. Part One: Dear Self You are Enough was about changing our thoughts, words, and actions to reflect how wonderful we truly are. Part Two: Dear Self You are Loved discussed how to feel well loved by yourself, and by others, because you deserve it! Today’s post Dear Self You are Beautiful is about discovering what true beauty really is and seeing that beauty within.
Dear Self: You Are Beautiful
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase an item through one of these links, I might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products that I love and have used personally. In addition, foreverymama.org is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.”
What is True Beauty?
How do you measure beauty? Is it a lovely face? Fit body? Gorgeous eyes, hair, clothes? Do you compare yourself to those who seem to have it all and automatically conclude that you aren’t beautiful? Dear reader, these physical attributes are NOT what beauty should be based on. Never forget that. So what is true beauty then? I believe it is…
- A peaceful and gentle spirit
- A grateful heart and attitude
- Giving our time and resources to those in need
- Showing love and grace to all
- Encouraging others
- Recognizing the things others do for us and thanking them for it
- Being present in each moment/seeing each day as a gift and opportunity to do something great
- Seeing yourself as the beautiful creation you really are/recognizing your worth
- Unshakable joy
- Loving those close to us unconditionally and expecting nothing in return
To me, true beauty comes down to reflecting Godly character through our thoughts, words, actions and reactions.
How Do You See Yourself?
When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see those things that make you beautiful? Or do you see your flaws? I think seeing the things we don’t like and wish we could change is a woman’s natural first reaction. This mindset can be so damaging to our self-esteem and self-worth. So how can we change it? You can begin by reading and writing down the following scriptures. I also encourage you to memorize the two or three that speak most to your situation. If you feel those negative, self-sabotaging thoughts start to creep in, recite them aloud.
- “God is within her, she will not fall.” — Psalms 46:5
- “She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.” — Proverbs 31:25
- “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” — Romans 5:8
- “She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.” — Proverbs 31:26
- “By the grace of God, I am what I am.” — 1 Corinthians 15:10
- “Blessed is she who believed that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her.” — Luke 1:45
- “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” — Psalms 139:14
- “It is not fancy hair, gold jewelry, or fine clothes that should make you beautiful. No, your beauty should come from inside you –the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit. That beauty will never disappear and it is worth very much to God.” — 1 Peter 3:3-4
- “Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created.” — Esther 4:14
- “Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” — Proverbs 31:30
- “You are loved more than you will ever know by someone who died to know you.” — Romans 5: 6
- “You are altogether beautiful, my darling, beautiful in every way.”— Song of Solomon 4:7
- “Whenever you feel unloved, unimportant, or insecure, remember to whom you belong.”— Ephesians 2:19-22
If you struggle to see your beauty, I encourage you to check out these resources. Simply click on the image.
If you missed the other posts in this series you can read them here:
Did you like this post? If so, please hit the share buttons! And be sure to subscribe below if you haven’t already so you don’t miss the other parts of my Dear Self series, plus gain access all my FREE resources and future posts. I would love to have you on my social media accounts too! You will find daily posts on Facebook and Twitter written by me and other mamas, including encouragement for everyday, products we love, and more! Follow me on Pinterest for productivity and time-saving posts, recipes, beautiful decor for the home, self-care ideas, learning activities for your children, fun family activities, and much, much more! For real-time photos, inspirational quotes, product reviews and more, join me on Instagram. I hope you will join me!
Access My Resources
Subscribe to get my latest content by email and to gain exclusive access to all of my FREE resources.